Buyer/ Purchaser- Construction (On-Site)
Smart Living Properties is based in Ottawa and has been building and managing Smart spaces since 2005. Recognized for our quality workmanship, innovative technology, open collaboration, and exceptional standards, we offer a one-stop approach to the planning, development, construction, and management of remarkable buildings.
The Buyer/Purchaser is responsible for planning, organizing and negotiating all construction materials purchasing activities for our company. You will be responsible for all aspects of the supply chain management, including budgeting purchasing price, sourcing suppliers, and coordinating the movement of purchased materials.
Reporting directly to the Director, Design & Procurement you will be responsible for providing continuous improvement for logistics.
- Purchase materials and services in accordance with policies and procedures, using cost-effective approaches for each transaction.
- Identify and negotiate with vendors to purchase requisitioned commodities, services, and assets while meeting criteria such as specification, price, quantity, quality, safety, and delivery date.
- Develop and maintain effective supplier relationships while measuring and reporting on supplier performance.
- Issue and process purchase documents including requisitions, purchase orders, lease/ service agreements, etc.
- Ensure that all purchases are conducted ethically and legally in accordance with company policies.
- Research and introduce new products, services and processes to the company.
- Collaborate with warehouse personnel to ensure proper inventory management.
- Collaborate with project managers to coordinate timely deliveries in accordance to project schedules.
- Issue monthly and ad-hoc reporting, as required.
- Other duties, as required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of commonly used construction materials, services, tools and equipment.
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes, inventory management, construction project lifecycle, procurement best practices and risk.
- High degree of business ethics and accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and achieve quality results.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Smart Living Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance..
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
Sanitization, screening, physical distancing, cleaning, masks, etc.
- Construction industry: 1 year (preferred)
- Purchasing: 3 years (preferred)