Junior Interior Designer (On-Site)
Since 2005, Smart Living has guided thousands of young individuals each year to fully furnished all-inclusive rental properties that Smart Living builds and manages across Ottawa.
Smart Living is all about a lifestyle of vibrancy and convenience for students, millennials, and young professionals. This means being close to the neighborhood they want to live in so that all options are open at a moment's notice. Whether that means getting to their job or a class quickly and stress-free, or a last-minute get-together with friends, their life will be open to opportunity and spontaneity. All of Smart Living properties apartments and houses are professionally designed, furnished, and outfitted with smart home technology to make the perfect home base.
The Junior Interior Designer will focus on interior design projects within the Multi-Residential/Co-Living Properties and Commercial/Retail Sectors. You will have the opportunity to provide support to a broad spectrum of tasks relating to our clients. A self starter who is organized, you will play a key role in assisting with drafting, rendering of conceptual design ideas and preparing 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
You are an entrepreneurial individual with a growth mindset and a commitment to making a big impact in the company you represent. You're a strong multitasker who loves wearing many different hats. You're highly organized with a solid understanding of interior designing processes and a creative streak that you enjoy channeling into your work. Your interpersonal communication skills are excellent; you can quickly build rapport with anyone. You are passionate and driven, and excited to help your company grow and flourish.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the fast-paced environment of a start-up with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Produce sketches, renderings, design/mood boards, samples for team and client approvals.
- Source FF & E with consideration to project vision and budget
Assist and/or lead with onsite interior fit outs & logistics
- Co-ordinate and work with the project team and consultants to resolve design issues, questions or concerns.
- Assist in the production of working drawings and finishes plans.
- Oversee all details of the project with the supervision of the Design Team Lead and/or Senior Designer.
- Maintain the design studio and sample library.
- Work closely with team members to set the projects goals and direction.
- Participate in meetings and presentations.
- Research information relating to project concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role preferred
- Industry recognized Diploma or Certificate.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (minimum 2010), Revit, Sketch UP, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications – additional 3D skills are an asset.
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Exceptional graphic and presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas to different groups.
- High level of attention to detail and an ability to identify and solve problems with creative solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Service- oriented approach internally and externally.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and achieve quality results.
- Willingness to develop a strong knowledge of the design process including FF & E, specifications and finishes selection.
Smart Living Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance.
$45K - $55K based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
Masks, sanitizaiton, physical distancing, screening, rapid tests, etc.