Leasing and Marketing Manager - Residential
Smart Living Properties (SLP) is a leader in providing smart and minimalist housing solutions to help people in Ottawa get the most out of their lives in the simplest way possible. As trailblazers in the property development and management industry, SLP recruits top designers and architects to build innovative ideas and act as catalysts to the accelerated growth of the organization. At SLP, we work together as a small team to overcome roadblocks by collaborating, communicating and tackling challenges head on.
The Leasing and Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for developing and executing the sales, marketing, and revenue plan for Smart Living Properties' portfolio of properties. The incumbent is the lead salesperson responsible for leading and mentoring the leasing team to effectively promote assets and properties, drive prospect traffic, close leases, and reach occupancy and revenue goals.
What Will You Do?
- Create and manage sales and marketing activities for exceeding the occupancy, leasing and revenue goals.
- Lead, train and provide clear direction to the leasing and marketing teams on all aspects of leasing and customer service. This includes but is not limited to promoting our product, conducting tours, closing sales, following-up with potential clients, and execution of documentation.
- Conduct weekly leasing and marketing meetings and share weekly/daily leasing goals and activities for properties in portfolio.
- Work with marketing, branding and design to create and implement specific campaigns and initiatives required to increase the value and quality of leases.
- Plan, coordinate and execute annual marketing, sales and leasing plan, including managing market rates, and strategies for maximizing revenue and minimizing vacancy.
- Conduct market surveys and analysis to maintain competitiveness and identify market trends.
- Actively manage the renewal process and retention programs with existing tenants and work with the Operations and Marketing teams to drive community value and enhance tenant experience.
- Provide timely report on vacancies, traffics reports, leasing velocity, lead to lease conversion, marketing initiatives, and other important metrics to measure success of strategies and portfolio KPI's.
- Work with internal teams to create a scalable leasing model that aligns with the organizational goals and growth strategy; collaborate on design and finishes for model units and new floor plans.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and leasing tools and technology; manage and direct the activities within the leasing platforms and CRM system.
- Monitor and analyze marketing and leasing programs, rates, incentives, promotional campaigns and provide insights to stakeholders.
- Establish partnerships and relationships with local businesses, post secondary institutions, community organizations and other stakeholders to add value to the tenant experience and increase lease traffic to the properties.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Post secondary education in sales, leasing, marketing, business or hospitality.
- Strong knowledge of customer service as it relates to real estate and property management.
- Highly motivated, driven, collaborative with the ability to inspire a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and achieve quality results.
- In depth knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act, and legislation concerning tenant and landlord relations.
- Excellent knowledge in developing and managing marketing strategies and programs.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager and Rent Café CRM or equivalent is an asset.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
Smart Living Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance.
Reference ID: Leasing&MarketingManagerOct2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
screening, masks, rapid testing, distancing
- How many years of marketing experience do you have?
- Leasing: 5 years (preferred)