We understand that these are unprecedented and uncertain times that have unforeseen impacts on our day-to-day lives. We are diligently working to address this pandemic to the best of our abilities by following the various measures and recommendations of the Canadian Government and Public Health Officials. The health and safety of our residents and staff members remain our priority and we therefore invite you to remain vigilant and proactive, and to report any situation that may be deemed to be at risk in order to allow us to put in place the appropriate measures.
As we look forward to working together and to help each other as best we can, here are a few things to keep in mind:
The most notable and common symptoms are fever, coughing, and shortness of breath, which are all fairly similar to the seasonal flu. Public health officials recommend that all individuals that have recently travelled abroad, or have visited at risk areas to call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
As it is always suggested to do during this period of seasonal infections (flu, colds, gastroenteritis, etc.), we strongly recommend that you adopt the following preventative measures:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds. If using soap and water is not possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- The Public Health Ontario website has a page on stopping the spread of germs.
Additional Information can be found by consulting the following links:
- Government of Canada
- Public Health Ontario
- About Coronavirus
- Know the Facts (COVID-19)
- Be Prepared (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Awareness resources
- Ontario Government Coronavirus Page
- Physical (Social) Distancing
- How to Handwash