Smart Living Properties (SLP) is a leader in providing smart and minimalist housing solutions to help people in Ottawa get the most out of their lives in the simplest way possible. As trailblazers in the property management industry, SLP recruits top designers and architects to build innovative ideas and act as catalysts to the accelerated growth of the organization. At SLP, we work together as a small team to overcome roadblocks by collaborating, communicating and tackling challenges head on.
The Leasing Specialist is a member of the Leasing and Property Management Team and is responsible for the day-to-day leasing of assigned properties as part of the Smart Living portfolio.
- Handles leasing inquiries, conducts tours, diligently pursues the close of each sale, performs follow- ups, and completes leasing paperwork with prospective residents.
- Ensures all executed lease files are accurate, complete, and entered into lease tracking directory and property management system.
- Performs quarterly file audits as directed by management.
- Coordinates with Property Manager in preparation for move-in, move-out and transfers, when necessary.
- With management, creates and implements the annual property sales and marketing plan, and budget.
- Identifies new opportunities to generate leases to meet and/or exceed revenue, occupancy or other identified leasing targets.
- Maintains a positive and professional relationship with every resident and promotes harmonious relations among residents and the community.
- Manages resident complaints and provides feedback and recommendations to improve operations and the overall resident experience.
- Works with the Property Operations Manager to fulfill turnover and property inspection requirements.
- Assists with preparing financial reports, budgets, revenue projections, and variance analysis, and investor reports, as necessary.
- Collaborates with the team to review, collect and reduce AR balances for assigned properties.
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role. Preference will be provided to those with leasing and property management experience.
- Professional and service-oriented approach internally and externally.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and the ability to sell accommodation to various groups (students, organizations and professionals).
- Strong leadership skills, ability to make on the spot decisions, and appease a situation.
- Strong multitasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to execute creative marketing and leasing/sales strategies.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, and property management software (Rent Café and Yardi).
- Preparedness to meet the obligations of this position, including evening and weekends during leasing season or for emergencies at assigned properties.
Smart Living Properties is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, please let us know in advance.
Reference ID: LeasingSpecialistJuly2021
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
masks, sanitization, rapid testing, screening, cleaning, etc.
- leasing: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)